Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today was absolutely gorgeous. I slept in, Dave and I had a mini picnic, work is slow and I'm off the phone for an hour.

The sun was out, and we went to the park to devour (perfect word for what we did) this little lemon pepper rotisserie chicken from walmart (only $4.98!). No utensils, no plates, just the park and messy hands. It was random and spontaneous. I love that Dave likes things that way (not messy, but spontaneous.. :). There were some dudes walking their dogs in the park, and while saving our chicken from them, I really started to miss having a pet. You feel so loved when you have an animal that runs to you when you get home.



I miss my Maeby so much. She was my black, adorable, genius cat who was the biggest thing I gave up through my divorce. I first got her for my first anniversary...my ex and I ended up celebrating the day we met instead of our real anniversary because we were extra poor on our real anniversary. Anyway, my ex brought her home and woke me up on a Sunday morning by putting her in our bed. She was so tiny and so cuddly. I then took 3 days or so off work so I could play with her. We'd take naps in the afternoon where she'd stretch out with her teeny body against mine and her head on my arm. She picked up using the litter box right away and never had an accident anywhere else. We played hide-and-seek and fetch, and she made me so happy. In a time when I really wanted to feel needed and loved, she was there. We ended up giving her to the neighbors when we split, and I haven't seen her since. It makes me pretty sad sometimes. Someday, when I finally have a place of my own with no rules like "No Pets" or "No boys after 11:00", I'll get another animal. I feel so spoiled, I don't think I'll find another like my Maeby.
Downer post?

2 comments:

Liz Huntsman said...

LOL! Before I had kids, I really missed my cat. I totally understand. :)

packmommy said...

I'm sorry you can't have your cat right now. They really do add a little something to your life. Someday soon you will be in a situation where you can have a snuggly, purring, lovey cat to call your own.