Monday, November 10, 2008

vacation



I'm so excited. Dave and I are going to St George for the weekend next week. I bought a timeshare through Worldmark by Wyndham with my ex, and was trying to sell it. Apparently, there's about 10,000 hours of time available for every one timeshare buyer. Ouch! So, I've decided to keep it. This is my first trip through them, and I'm way excited--I need a vacation so badly! I won't have any more paid vacation through work until January, which is sad. LUCKILY, I have the best shift ever (Sun-Wed) so I have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years off with full weekends after them. Plus, my mommy is coming in December to help with my brother and sis-in-law's baby, and Dad is talking about coming in January, so it's pretty much like I'll have vacations. I'm definitely rambling. Sorry. Anyway, the pictures of this place are so gorgeous, and we got a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen and washer/dryer, and gas is getting cheaper...AH! I'm so excited. My ex is coming Wednesday from California. I think of my St George weekend as a reward for not killing him when he comes. :)

If work doesn't kill me first. I have a 4 hour on-phone stint today! No breaks! Way too long! Exclamation point! !! My only relief is that I can see Dave from my desk and he is looking foxy today.

3 comments:

lamack said...

Oh how funny. Me and Lamon are going to one of their presentations tomorrow night so we can get a free vacation. We know that it will probably be torture, but we are pretty good at saying no . . . and we could really use a vacation after Ada is weened in the next couple months! Should we do it?

packmommy said...

What does foxy mean? I looked it up in the dictionary and I don't think it means what you think it means. He seems pretty nice and sweet and cute and adorable.

D Lawrence Barksdale said...

I actually went to a time-share presentation in Mesquite one time. Their "condos" were made-over motel rooms.

During the presentation, I just started doodling notes to myself, and by the end had the financial angle all worked out... the bottom line was that it was going to cost us more than $300/night, and the time-share owner was going to make $750M on a $1.5M complex.

The presentation ended abruptly when I laid it all out for the salesperson, told him I wasn't interested in the timeshare, but then asked where I could buy stock in the development company!

He was NOT amused. LOLOLOL!!!!