Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dave's Birthday!!!









Today is Dave's birthday, and can I just say, the best birthday ever.

Bold? Maybe. True? Definitely.

Honestly, its been so long since I had an occasion I could really get excited about (holiday-wise). In the past, it hasn't been nearly as fun because I was with someone who bought themselves everything they needed, wanted, and more. Because Dave is so against buying things for himself....ever, it made it easy for me to get him meaningful, well thought-out gifts. By consequence, Dave LOVES them and is so adorably grateful. I'm psyched for Christmas. The pictures are from when we went to dinner for his birthday at the Mountain Mercantile Grill in Midway. The cups photo may be my favorite...there were 4 different kinds of cups on our table. That's just too many! The others are cheesy couple-y pictures you all can groan at. :)
Dave's birthday reminds me of my own birthdays...weird to think of them. I mean, I can remember many, but some fade altogether. (Now I'm all reflect-ey) Think of all the toys, gifts, occasions, parties, get togethers that we completely forget. I mean, I suppose it doesn't matter. I'm sure my parents tried their best to make each one memorable, and I bet I was so excited at the time (I always am, I'm quite exciteable). Makes me wish I had been more faithful in keeping a journal. I was perpetually renewing my vows to write every day, which led to having random notebooks with 4-6 entries, a few floppy disks with ancient word docs on them, cutesy little journals with charts with the boys I like and my friends liked....hard to keep a solid record when your life's events are kept in some sort of twisted shotgun-like organization. Now, I've got 3: my regular journal, my Dave date book, and my blogger blog blog. Not that this helps too much, I'm still scattered, but at least I'll have quantity if not quality. Bonus: I'll have 3 different points of view of my life right now. Throw Dave's journal in there and we've got the New Testament! (No lightning, please)

Anyway, beyond my rambling, work has been good. We had a Dave team meeting, which included delicious pizza and sooooooda. Somehow Dave managed to avoid the team singing him "Happy Birthday", which is a real shame, cause they always sound so good! It's probably cause they know Dave can beat them up. ; ) Life is good.

ariel

1 comment:

Liz Huntsman said...

I'm so happy he had an awesome birthday! I sure thought of him a lot! You are so wonderful Ariel!