Sunday, November 16, 2008

Best Birthday Ever!


A little over a week ago, Ariel wrote a post about my birthday (this is Dave by the way, finally throwing up a post onto our blog) this year saying, "Today is Dave's birthday, and can I just say, the best birthday ever. Bold? Maybe. True? Definitely." And she was right!! Anyone that knows her knows how incredibly thoughful and amazing she is...my birthday was yet another example of this. When I was in Spain on my mission, I was called to an area in which I had the opportunity to play for a professional baseball team named Los Llaneros. It was the most amazing time of my mission. I was able to become friends with such wonderful people with whom I was able to share my beliefs. When I left that area after 7 months, everyone on the team signed a baseball for me. I've had that baseball in a ziplock back for the past 4 years...that is until a couple of days before my birthday...Ariel had found the baseball (I didn't even know that she knew about it) and had it put into a glass display case. I can't even begin to explain how much that meant to me. The second item in that picture is a leather bound version of my favorite book; Les Miserables by Victor Hugo...unabridged version. If any of you reading this haven't gotten around to reading Les Mis, put that at the top of your To Do list...it's amazing. And after you finish reading it, come back to this blog and drool over my sweet copy of it. Those are just two of the MANY ways that Ariel made my birthday absolutely wonderful. I'm so grateful to have her in my life.

4 comments:

Liz Huntsman said...

Dave - I'm so happy you shared! I love to hear stories about your mission. I think it's SO awesome you put a post on your blog too - I wish Chris would add a couple to ours. You have such an amazing girlfriend!!! I love you guys!

Sue said...

Ariel, you are amazing!!! It means so much that you are so good to Dave. Dave, I had so much planned for your birthday, ... but Ariel just beat me to it. I'm trying really hard not to be offended by that... but you know, I'm willing to sacrifice.

lamack said...

Oh my cow, that just about made me cry. I'm sure you can believe that too, it doesn't take much. How thoughtful Ariel! You are awesome! Hey Dave what if you just let me borrow your new leather bound book, and then I could read it and drool over it all at the same time?

packmommy said...

Dave, I am glad that you have such a wonderful woman in your life. You deserve to be treated well. It is nice to hear comments of gratitude from a man. It's sort of unusual in my world. Don't lose it.