Monday, December 8, 2008

Late night




Last night was so fun. I've been needing a hobby, so Saturday night on our date night, I got a book on how to make POP UP CARDS/BOOKS!!!!!! I was so excited. Then, last night Dave decided to make this cool device charger thing (where all the cords for your devices are behind the scenes, it looks nice). So, we stayed up until 6am working on our different projects with Arrested Development on in the background. It was nice. Makes me grateful not to have kids. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids, and I'm so excited to be a mom, but there's something that you lose when you have obligations like that. It seems like the spontaneity leaves. It was fun to do whatever we felt like, no matter how unhealthy or illogical or random it is. :)

(BTW, neither picture is anything we actually made, just pictures somewhat similar to what they may have looked like. Plus, Arrested Development up top, which rules.)

1 comment:

Liz Huntsman said...

How fun! I love finding new projects and working on them until the late (or early) hours! Those are two I haven't tried (or really thought of) ... maybe you'll have to teach me! :) My next project is going to be quilting. Your welcome to come over and try it with me! (Sue's going to help me of course. I can't afford to buy all the supplies right now.) :) Keep us updated with pictures of your book!

As for kids, you should definitely enjoy it while you don't have any. However, as for losing spontaneity ... I don't think that is true. You did these projects late at night and early in the morning right? Well, kids are asleep during those hours. That's when I do my srapbooking, cards and any other projects I'd like to try. You actually, I think, learn to be more spontaneous ... and more creative when you have kids. There's also more of a feeling of accomplishment ... but maybe that's just me. :)

Like I said though, enjoy no kids when you don't have them ... but I'd so much rather have kids than not. :) I don't know what I did with myself back in the boring days of non-parenthood.

Can't wait to see you! I've missed your beautiful face!