Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

We've had such a wonderful Christmas and Christmas Eve. Last night the family got together to mingle, eat, and play games...and we all had a Blast. Everyone brought delicious food (Sue's meaty dish was AMAZING) and we all ended up with a week's worth of leftovers.
The games were a blast like always. Kathy and Bryce set up a pinewood derby style race with cars made from chocolate bars and candy. Unfortunately (or fortunately..not sure yet) Bryce prefaced the competition with "there are no rules." So it quickly became a competition to see who could cheat the most. I'm not really sure who won, but it was fun.

After everyone left, Ariel and I wrapped each other's presents and got our stockings ready. That was much more difficult for Ariel than it was for myself since we couldn't find my stocking anywhere. Not to be deterred, Ariel grabbed some duct tape and went to work. about 30 minutes later I had the best looking stocking I've ever seen. It was wonderful.

First thing in the morning on Christmas...and I mean FIRST thing in the morning (12:04 am)...we decided to open up stockings. After we were done with the stockings we couldn't resist opening up the rest of our presents, so we made quick work of those as well. I still can't believe how Amazingly thoughtful Ariel is. My Christmas was perfect because of her. She got me the most incredible gifts...I swear that she can read my mind.


After we woke up, we made breakfast together, put together John's stocking, and watched Wanted. We didn't know where John's stocking was either, so I ended up sewing one out of black velvet while Ariel wrapped all of his gifts...courtesy of the family.

All in all, it's been a great Christmas. Hopefully all of you feel the same. :)

1 comment:

Liz Huntsman said...

Ohhh! I'm so happy you put this on there! It sounds like you guys had an amazing holiday, which makes me happier than you know! (I hope John had a good one as well! I'd like to see your stocking for him.) It was SO WONDERFUL to be with you guys! I hope we get together more in the next little while (since Chris is out of school). Love you guys!